The mayor of Mississauga, Canada is a badass. via
Hazel McCallion, everbody.
92 years old,
34 years in office,
$0 in debt
$700 million in reserve
Eight prime ministers
But women aren’t strong leaders… OH WAIT.
Now I’m sure somebody’s gonna tell me something but
- supports a Palestinian state
- supports Aids CHarities
- told her city well if we cant get money y’all need to pay taxes and maintains a 76 approval rating
- nick named Hurricane Hazel
- and is so boss lady that she don’t run she’ tells folks to give that money to charity
I will always reblog this lady.
This woman is officially my new hero.
In regards to the flooding in the GTA yesterday, she apparently said that she hasn’t seen rain like that since her neighbour Noah was building a boat.
New hero in life.
I don’t know why I haven’t seen this kickstarter all over tumblr yet.
Basically Catfe is a cat cafe, like the ones in Japan, that is trying to start up in Los Angeles, CA. They’ve already got the OK from LA department of health and LA animal services to start up their business but they need about $350,000 to get started up. At the moment they only have about $4,340.
But the really cool thing is, its not just a cat cafe! They plan to work with local shelters to house social cats, help them get adopted and help spread over all awareness. They also plan to host special events for local nonprofits as a way of giving back to the community, like children with disabilities or orphanages.
You’d expect that once its started up it would be kind of expensive to get in with the cats right? Nope! They plan on pretty cheap rates!
Here’s a test:
I’m holding a baby in one hand and a petri dish holding a fetus in the other.
I’m going to drop one. You chose which.
If you really truly believe a fetus is the same thing as a baby, it should be impossible for you to decide. You should have to flip a coin, that’s how impossible the decision should be.
Shot in the dark, you saved the baby.
Because you’re aware there’s a difference.
Now admit it
Throwback Thursday (2012): Icon David Gandy for @7Hollywood by John Ryder. Wearing @DolceGabbana | @DGandyOfficial
not modelling just casually getting my ass kicked
Ridiculously Photogenic Karate Dude
I like this.
Just to nitpick a bit: it’s Ridiculously Photogenic *Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Dude
And this picture’s even better when you realize he’s the one doing the ass-kicking. He’s got the other guy in what’s called an omoplata (shoulder lock with his leg.)
I am offended by how perfect he looks IN A FULL ACTION MOVE
I have blurry pics when I’m sitting perfectly still
damn you sir
His name is Clark Gracie. You are all welcome.
Reblogging for the last picture, because DAYUM.
These days, they’re pulling out all the stops. http://ift.tt/1hLC1QH
The UC’s Personified as Brothers
- Note: My friend and I wondered what the UC’s (University of California) would be like in real life. This is the result.
- Berkeley: The eldest. Very “hip” and beatnik. Wears thrift store clothes, listens to vinyls and can quote anyone from Ginsberg to Vonnegut. Always carries a camera and hides his science books from his friends.
- Davis: Has so-so hygiene habits, mostly from riding bikes all the time. Is very hard working and loves to garden.
- Santa Barbara: Very laid back and chill. Surfs a lot and has a relaxed vibe all the time. Can throw a hell of a party.
- Los Angeles: Studies way too much. Always has his nose in a book and can come off as very intimidating. Hates Santa Cruz’s hygiene habits.
- Riverside: The often forgotten, but very accepting brother. Everyone avoids him for his looks, but he is fairly intelligent and nice.
- San Diego: The “coolest” of the nerds. Wears glasses and has a calculator in his pocket, but he pulls it off. At night he’s a party animal among his fellow hip-geeks.
- Irvine: Nobody really sees him much. He hangs out in the background a lot which causes his achievements to often go unnoticed (though he can sometimes be smarter than his older brothers).
- Santa Cruz: Into free love and long hair. Never wears shoes and is willing to accept anyone. Thinks LA is uptight & strangely enough, loves slugs.
- Merced: The little brother with lots of potential. He is crazy, rambunctious, and a little immature.